Friday, April 29, 2011

HG G-Saviour Space Mode



Oh, G-Saviour. You are the black sheep of Gundam franchise. This live action movie put Bandai to shame for letting westerners turn an iconic anime into a poorly developed movie. Even Yoshiyuki Tomino, the creator of original Gundam, expresses his disgusts for G-Saviour whenever someone asks him about this movie. Poor, G-Saviour. I think that the movie was alright. Although the plotline was shallow, I actually enjoyed watching it. 

Although the movie was not promising, G-Saviour has a wonderful mechanical design. G-Saviour is sleek and charming. 

Side views of G-Saviour Origin.

Front and back views of G-Saviour Origin.

I broke the v-fin that this model kit originally came with. So, I used one of HG Astraea F2's v-fins to replace G-Saviour's broken v-fins. Surprisingly, it fit perfectly on G-Saviour's head.

G-Saviour's articulation is pretty decent for a HG model kit. Some parts can rotate up to 180° and some parts can bend up to 90°. Although I am not very excited about G-Saviour's articulations, I really appreciate Bandai for adding the bendable feet. I love it because it's something you rarely see in most HG model kits.

Side views of G-Saviour Space Mode.

You would need Tamashii Stage Act to display this kit in aerial poses. You can definitely play with angles and pose this model kit dynamically.




I really recommend getting this model kit. You might need to put in some effort to find this model kit, though.  G-Saviour might be a bad movie. However, this model kit is definitely something that you have to look at as a different entity.

Overall: 8.3/10

I'm having a thruster-gasm! I love them thrusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment