Thursday, April 21, 2011

SD Dendrobium Gundam Gen.F


Dendrobium has got to be the most massive yet sleekest Gundam I have ever seen. I fell in love with the design as soon as it appeared in Stardust Memory.

Here's a brief description video of Dendrobium. Courtesy of Gundam Info.

Bandai offers HG 1:144 scale of this mobile suit, but it's just too large and too expensive for me. Although Bandai offers HG 1:550 of Dendrobium, I feel that the scale is too small for my taste. Despite its deformed proportion, SD was the right size for my taste.

Front and back view of Dendrobium.

Side views of Dendrobium.

This model kit is pretty static. Most of its armaments are immovable. The claws do not move, though you can insert the beam claw. The folds for the weapon containers open up, but missile pods inside them are decorative. Head can only move about 15° when the Gundam is docked to the Stamen. Arms can only move up and down and a little bit the the side. Accessories include a beam rifle, a hyper bazooka, a beam saber, a beam claw, and a shield. They don't move much.

You will need Action Base ver.1 to pose this model kit dynamically. Play with the angles. Now, the model kit does not provide you with a hole for a display base to attach. However, there is a hole on the back of Orchis unit that miraculously fit for Action Base ver.1.



I am satisfied that I bought this model kit. It couldn't fully capture the sense of powerfulness of the original scale. However, it still grabs my attention whenever I look at it. I also like the fact that SD version of Dendrobium comes across looking pretty adorable instead of fierce and overwhelming.

I really recommend this kit if you're SD collector. Even if you're not, this model kit is definitely worth buying. See you next time.

Overall: 8.5/10

"You see me trollin' and hatin'.."

No comments:

Post a Comment