Thursday, April 21, 2011

MG Unicorn Gundam Ver.Ka [Destroy Mode] Part.3


The manual tells you how to assemble Unicorn Mode. Then, it tells you how to transform to Destroy Mode. However, I decided to skip Unicorn Mode and it gave me a headache. Anyways.

Side views of Destroy Mode Unicorn Gundam.

Front and back views of Destroy Mode Unicorn Gundam.

I have not put the stickers and the decals yet. I haven't even panel-lined it, but this model kit already looks awesome. The pink stains you see around the white armors come from the psycho frame. The red marker I used in the previous step bled to my fingers then to the armors. (It doesn't matter because I'm going to re-paint this model kit.)

The armors are protruding everywhere, limiting this model kit's movability. So, most joints are limited to 45° to 90° bends. The head can barely turn to right or left because the cheek armors are conflicting with the collars.

Armaments include: a shield, a hyper bazooka, a beam magnum, two magnum magazines, and two beam sabers. There are actually four beam sabers. Two mounted on its back and two mounted on the arms. I special ordered the gatling guns as well; they can be combined or separated. 

Side views of Destroy Mode Unicorn Gundam.

Unicorn is pretty static and archaic. You can't really expect to do anything with this model kit when its accessories are all equipped. Also, things fall off pretty easily. Its really problematic because when you are trying to do some dynamic poses.

Unicorn will still able to pull dynamic poses if you're patient. First, you will need Action Base ver.1. Then, you will need to play with angles. This model kit is quite heavy, so make sure you balance it very well when posing it in mid-air. Otherwise, it would topple and you might break or lose one or more parts.




Unicorn Gundam in Destroy Mode looks very tall and muscular. It's really menacing and such an attention seeker. This model kit will stand out on top of your shelf because it screams out power and elegance.

I'm pretty much finished with this model kit for now. I will come back to this some time in the future where I will re-paint, decal, and panel-line this model kit.

Overall: 8.5/10

This is a minor thing, but I really love the thrusters that Unicorn has. Watching Unicorn dashing away from the screen is a pure eyegasm for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment