Sunday, December 30, 2012

AGE-2N Nero Gundam


Another entry to MAC/Kamm's 2012 Mecha Contest that didn't make it in time. It started around the same time Freedom/Xi Project. Eureka Seven really does inspire me a lot. I love the design of Nirvash Spec 2. It's graceful and just plain cool. I also happen to love AGE-2's design. I happened to notice that Nirvash and AGE-2 have a similar transformation sequence.
















There are several concept designs that I wanted to do initially. I thought about doing a vehicle mode and surf mode but I decided to scrap the ideas off. They were impractical and silly. I also decided to not use the crotch attachment and shoot for a simpler non-parts-forming-transformation. 






 Transformation sequence

I decided to follow Nirvash's color scheme. Then, I realized that it's almost the same color scheme as Kolibri. So, I didn't need to buy new paints! I was so grateful for that. Though, I didn't finish this project until November because I went to Indonesia in the summertime and I didn't have the time until then to resume this project.











Video review of Nero Gundam.

I really love this project. I enjoyed every single moment I spent working on this project. I love Nirvash and I love AGE-2. This project was filled with a lot of passion of mine. Words can't describe how much I love this model kit. I hope you guys can feel the fondness that I have for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment