Monday, December 31, 2012

RGE-G2707X Desta


Jesta has got to be my favorite grunt suit (?) from the Universal Century. Everything about this spec-ops mobile suit screams out awesomeness. This project was of course based on Jesta. I saw a lot of similarities between Adele and Jesta, which is why I started this project. Again, this was one of those projects that was part of a contest and didn't make it on time. (Gundam Eclipse's 2012 Summer War Contest) Yeah, I guess I need to stop entering contests...










Like Nero Gundam, I couldn't finish the project because I went to Indonesia and I didn't have the time to resume the project until November. I decided to do GM Quel's color scheme instead of Jesta's. It seemed perfect. I hand painted this model kit and I am-oh-so glad that it turned out well. I ran out of decals, though. So, I had to wait until mid December to wait for my decals to arrive.



I painted the visor as well. Mixed in some clear yellow and clear green. It came out clear green. However, when I put it on the face..it became black. I guess it's because I painted the face with titanium silver (?). I still like the way it turned out, though. Also, I thought about making my own base jabber. But, the idea was scrapped because I didn't think it was a solid idea that I can actually pull through..




Decals arrived and I started cracking! I applied a mix of Sinanju decals and other miscellaneous decals. I followed RG Mk.II's pattern. I think it came out nice.









There it is, my second favorite project of 2012. I learned a lot from this experiment, in terms of different techniques of hand painting and paint mixing. This was definitely a fun project. I put a lot of thoughts into this, so I hope you guys enjoy the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment