Sunday, December 30, 2012

MSN-001A1 (Klb) Delta Plus "Kolibri"


If I remember correctly, I started this project in mid 2011. The project went smoothly for weeks. I painted it, but I wasn't really happy with the way it turned out. It felt incomplete. I left this project on limbo for a few months.





I decided to resume this project with a few modifications in mind. I finally finished this project on January 4th 2012. Not only that it was the first finished project of 2012, but it was also the first finished project ever!





I think the "sleeves" ornament and Sinanju parts gave this model kit that extra "mpfh!" I'm glad that the modifications look fluid.









Handpainting was very hard for me. I had little to no experience with it, though I started liking this method because I had a great deal of control unlike spray painting. I'm glad that it turned out well. It wasn't perfect, but good enough.

Members of Gundam Eclipse demanded I shower this model kit with decals. At first, I was pretty hesitant about it. I had bad experiences with decals before. After reading and watching some tutorials, I finally summed up the courage to apply some decals.









Well, there it is, Delta Plus "Kolibri." In its wave rider mode, it is  able to match Sinanju's speed because of the amount of thrusters that it has. Kolibri is equipped with two non-retractable beam sabers on its forearms. It is also equipped with a beam rifle similar to Sinanju's. The shield, which also serves as a nose cone, contains an I-field generator.

This was a great project. I wasn't content with the project from time to time, but it was mostly because I wasn't quite sure if it was going to be successful. However, I'm glad everything came out well. The responses at Gundam Eclipse was great, too. So, thank you for the support, guys :)

And thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment